Monday, July 28, 2008

New Tech High

This would be an awesome place to go to high school! A one-to-one ratio of computers to students? At the high school I attended (way back in the 80's), the teachers did not have a desktop in the classroom. I used a typewriter to type the articles for the annual. We had to manually crop pictures with a cropping tool and a grease pencil, set up layouts by hand, you get the picture! Or maybe not, if you have only known software that does all that for you. I vaguely remember taking a BASIC programming class my senior year but that the only option we had. I checked out the application for admission. I liked the essay prompt about the time machine and what you imagine you might be doing in 10 years and how you got there. I would love to read the responses to that one! I really see very few similarities and very many differences. Technology has made major leaps and bounds in the past 20 years! Where might we be in 20 more? I can't wait to experience it.

No comments: